Tuesday, August 12, 2014

What I'm Loving Wednesday and Classroom Pictures

Today is the first day of school my friends. The first day. Oy. There's always so much anticipation and build-up to the first day. I'm ready to be in a groove, in a schedule, with procedures down. Can we just fast forward already? :) 

Today is Wednesday so it's time for my weekly linky, "What I'm Loving Wednesday." 

First up is my classroom. I have to say that I love it simply because I've been spending so much time getting it ready. It feels good to finally be done. Or as done as I'm going to get before the kiddos come in.

Prepare for a photo dump!

My files for teaching for the week

My monthly read-alouds are kept in the black magazine files

Daily math papers in the crates sorted by lesson

Math wall and computers

Reading wall, cubbies, Friday Choice bins, and book boxes

Parent News bulletin board

Science and Social Studies wall and supply bins

Classroom library and small group table

Front of the room with the class rules

Front of the room

Carpet area at the front of the room

Another view of the front of the room

My desk
I'm also loving the genius idea I saw on Instagram about putting pool noodles in your boots to keep them from flopping over in the closet. 

I was shopping the other day and saw pool noodles for 97 cents so I had to try it out. I cut one up and put the pieces in my boots right away. Love it!

Last but not least I'm loving my new Substitute Binder that I printed out yesterday and am starting to fill in.

I feel like it's going to keep me super organized when it comes to substitutes, which always seem to take for.ev.er to plan for.

I'm hoping with all of this information already prepped and in a binder, the sub plans will be way easier!

 Check it out on Teachers Pay Teachers here.





















Well, that's all I have for now. I have a couple more projects I need to finish up tonight for the first day tomorrow.

What are you loving this week? Make sure to link up!






3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture with the crates on your counter. The ribbon and colors. So cute! The pool noodle trick is great! It is such a cheap easy way to keep your boots upright. I have them in all my boots too!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is so cute! I especially like the bunting and the tree!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica,
    Your room looks great! I especially like your banners, and your rocking chair! I hope your first day went well.

    Thanks for the tip about the pool noodles for boots - what a great idea.

    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete