Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What I'm Loving Wednesday- 8/6

This time next week I will have 28 second graders crashing through my classroom door for the first day of school. Ack! For now I'm trying to enjoy what little of summer I have left by sleeping in and visiting friends and family while still getting things done for school.

It's Wednesday so I'm having my weekly linky party- What I'm Loving Wednesday. A random smattering of things I'm loving this week.

I'm loving summer family get togethers around the fire pit. Always so much fun. 
And glow sticks. I'm loving glow sticks. 

I'm also loving small changes to my classroom. I'm not doing a lot of new, big things to get ready for the school year, but am upgrading some old things. I used to have my class rules, for example, typed up in a small frame that could only be seen if you were standing right in front of them. 

Upgrade!


I also used to have banners for my bulletin boards that were more colorful but not as eye-catching. 
Upgrade!

This week I'm especially grateful for family members that pitch in to help me get ready for back to school. My nephew helped me take out all of the face cards from 30 decks of cards and bag them up for this year's math homework. 


My mom put together 30 G.A.T.O.R. Binders for my students to keep them organized. I'll be blogging about these binders later this week. 

Finally, I'm loving that right now it's raining, I have candles lit, and that the hint of fall is in the air. Which means projects like these cute pumpkins will be starting soon!

Picture from http://simplykierste.com/

Those are some things I'm loving this week. 







1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...those pumpkins are presh. I can't wait for fall. :) Your classroom is looking great!

    Wallis
    Ms. Wilson’s Wolves

    ReplyDelete