Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday- August 14th

Happy almost Thursday! Today was my first day of school so the "What I'm Loving Wednesday" linky party is happening on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, depending on when you're reading this. With school starting this week, things were hectic!

My first day was...interesting. The whole honeymoon period thing you normally have at the beginning of the school year did not happen, but that's ok. Trying to stay positive going forward which is why this linky party is especially great for me this week!

1. My Teammates! 
I have a feeling the other second grade teachers are going to be a big factor in getting me through this year. They are extremely flexible, humorous, and overall easygoing. Cheers to that!

2. My New Hair Dryer
My hair is temperamental. It goes through personality changes like you wouldn't believe. It may decide to be wavy one day, straight the next. Sometimes it's unruly, sometimes it's manageable. I always think my hair just kind of decides on a mood each day. It's super thick and takes all day to dry naturally, and usually gets some major frizz-action going on. I always thought I had a pretty good hair dryer until I tried this one! 

T3 Bespoke Labs Featherweight Dryer 
It dries my hair super fast, keeps it smooth, and is really lightweight. I'm in love!

3. My Mama
There are a million different ways to be a good mom. I think my mom knows all of the different ways. She always seems to know just what I need when I need it, whether it's a hug, some humor, a card, or her help. She's truly one of my best friends. She came over almost every day during the summer to help me out when my back wasn't allowing me to do normal everyday stuff. She helped me get my classroom set up and came by today after the first day of school to help me in my classroom. She said she will come by tomorrow after she gets off of work to sort through the 5,000 papers we send home to the kiddos to get signed. I hope that one day I will get the opportunity to be a mom so I can show her what she's taught me. 
momalwaysfindsout.com
I'm hoping to remember to take some pictures of my classroom to share on here soon! 

It's time for you to link up your favorite things. I'm off to put my feet up! As my niece would say, "I'm 'zausted," (exhausted).


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting this linky! I always look forward to it. :)
    Preschool Wonders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending positive thoughts for your school year! ITA... Mom's are great! What a nice tribute to your mom. Mine could never come into my room to help, but she would cut things out, color learning center pieces, even grade papers for me at home! Miss my mom bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your second day is better. I have had those years as well!
    GlueSticks&Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for hosting, even during such a crazy time. You are a trooper! I hope the rest of the week goes better.

    Marcy
    SearchingForTeacherBalance

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom is pretty cool but don't tell her. She can also drive me CRAZY in 30 seconds flat!

    Melissa
    Ms. Chae Charges In

    ReplyDelete